[Zope-dev] FW: [Zope] Zope stability

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:03:00 +0100 (CET)

Alexander Limi wrote:

> While we're at it, my own wishlist for the next version:
> - Zope should produce html/dtml in compliance with w3.org's
> recommendations: in all lowercase

This is a good suggestion. I believe that HTML tidy can help
automating the task (http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/).

From a technical perspective (besides the w3c compliance aspect),
I'm told (w3c people have shown) that documents with lowercase
attributes compress better than the same documents with uppercase
attributes. This matters for people using (slow) DUN connections
(assuming that all decent modems have builtin compression schemes).
Except HTML harmonization, this is perhaps one of the additional
arguments behind this recommendation (mandatory in XHTML).

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr