[Zope-dev] Seeking help on Replication/'Automatic Copying' of a zope server

Nick Howden n.howden@eris.dera.gov.uk" <n.howden@eris.dera.gov.uk
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:14:28 -0000

Hi,

Does anyone have any insights into the problem below (note the one way
connection)

I am currently using Zope on two web servers which run on different networks.
I use one as the master/development machine and the second machine contains
purely a slave copy of the zope code.
At the moment I keep the 2nd machine's zope code upto date with a manual disk
copy but this seems a little kludgy.
I am constrained by the fact that there is only a one way link from the master
to the slave (so I can't get any confirmation of connections, etc)

Any ideas on how I can improve my replication process?

Thanks in advance for any useful pointers.

Nick Howden (N.Howden@eris.dera.gov.uk)
Senior IT Analyst - Defence Evaluation and Research Agency
Tel:  +44 (0)1684 895566
Fax:  +44 (0)1684 894303

The Information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence is
private and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s).  For those other
than the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.