[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] using CVS for Zope object stores?

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:39:21 +1100

>>> Anthony Baxter wrote
> A thought I've had is that you could get a 'point in time' view with the
> current FileStorage by simply stopping reading after X bytes - since the
> file is just appended to, this will show the ZODB as it was at that state.

Hm. Looking closer at the code, ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage already supports
this - there's a 'stop' option that should be a ZODB.TimeStamp.TimeStamp().

Exposing this is actually not that hard - you'd need to hook into
Zope/__init__.py to pass the arguments through (and making sure you
go into readonly mode, or else strangeness will result).

Course, a pack operation's going to mess this around rather a lot.

Anthony