[Zope-dev] Why is TemplateDict so opaque? -and- Have you seen this problem?

Dave Parker dparker@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:25:11 -0600

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that a patch would get added if it was written and submitted.
> :-)

If I were not forehead deep in a "user level" project I'd probably give
it a try.  But at the moment I'm struggling to get this thing done.

Anyway, it's really the namespace-going-away issue that kills me more
than anything else (see original message) - I think if that one got
fixed 98% of my "problems with zope" would be gone.  As it stands I
basically can'd do more than the most basic abstractions in dtml space
because I'm limited to a depth of two expression-evaluated method calls
- ARGHGH!

> (don't look at me, I'm still fighting my way through the ZODB machinery.
> The horror, the horror.)

Oof. ;-)