[Zope-dev] Possible bug in ZCatalog?

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:32:05 +0000

I am running Zope 2.1.1 on a Mandrake Linux 6.1 system with the include
Python 1.5.2 .

While going through the steps in the XML Document article at
http://www.xml.com/pub/1999/12/zope/index.html I got to the "Configuring
a ZCatalog" section. When I typed

getNodeName()=='entry'

into the "expr" field I got two NameError exceptions
lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py .  The names that where unknown
where Eval and expr_globals. A quick look at the top of ZCatalog.py
revealed that they where not being being imported so I added the line

from DocumentTemplate.DT_Util import Eval, expr_globals

to the imports. After adding this line I no longer got an exception when
pressing the "Find" button.

The search came up with no results instead of the two predicted in the
article. I am not familiar with XML Documents or ZCatalogs, so I do not
know if this is another problem with ZCatalog, a problem with XML
Document  or the article, or if I have missed a step somewhere.

Harry Henry Gebel             ICQ# 43675297
West Dover Hundred, Delaware
John McCain for President in 2000 http://www.mccain2000.com