[Zope-dev] The Product API is not easy to use!

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:16:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Josh Zeidner wrote:

>   I have been trying to make my own Zope product and I am sorry to say that
> I have found it to be a daunting task.  Does anyone know where I can go to
> get better info?  Is there anyone who has created a product who is not
> working for Digital Creations?  Debugging facilities are non-existent and
> documentation is esoteric.  Should I say goodbye to Zope forever?

Hi Josh -

You are right; Making a Zope product is not easy. However the people at DC
are putting a lot of effort into ZClasses which allows easy creation of
Zope products. You can check the ZClasses tutorial available from the Zope
site.

Alternatively I have found that using external methods in combination with
a few DTML methods you can create very elaborate 'products'.

There are some contibuted products in the Contributed section of the Zope
site.

Pavlos