[Zope-dev] Unable to add folder in today's cvs w/traceback

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
02 Jul 1999 23:21:22 -0400

Bill Anderson <bill.anderson@libc.org> writes:

> Upon trying to add a new folder in today's updated cvs, I get the
> following:
>
> <!--
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /home/www.deliverymenus.com/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 256, in publish_module
>   File /home/www.deliverymenus.com/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 161, in publish
>   File /home/www.deliverymenus.com/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
> 154, in mapply
>     (Object: manage_addFolder)
>   File /home/www.deliverymenus.com/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 98, in call_object
>     (Object: manage_addFolder)
>   File /home/www.deliverymenus.com/lib/python/OFS/Folder.py, line 137,
> in manage_addFolder
> TypeError: too many arguments; expected 2, got 3
>
> -->
>

> This happens regardless of options selected. Root folder obviously ;-)
>
> Just thought I would give a heads up in case someone has fixed it and I
> missed it somewhere.

Yes we have broken it somehow.  Such are the risks of following the
CVS very closely. ;)  There is one thing cvs need BAD, a 'cvs
unupdate' to revert a recently updated tree to it's previous state.  I
know this can be done on a file by file basis, but it would be nice to
step a whole tree of code back one iteration.

Any CVS Gods out there know the knack?  (There MUST be a way)

-Michel

PS: Don't CVS update if you ever see Jim check in anything that says
'Hold onto your Butts'.

;)