[Zope-dev] [ROADMAP:] Zope for Windows

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 10:09:42 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi all!

The version of Zope located at:

	http://student.uq.edu.au/~s341625

Works without errors on the following components:

	* ZClasses
	  I am currently writing a Banner ZClass under Zope Win32
	  and so far ZClasses appear to work perfectly.

	* ALL contributed Products including SquishDot.

	* Has NO database corruption errors or errors in the management
	  screens.  Note that using a Linux Data.fs can cause weird
	  problems (I didn't bother chasing this up).

The catch is that you _MUST_ install it as described in the
PCBuild\README.txt file otherwise it _WILL NOT_ work properly.

Stuff to come...
Within the next few weeks I'll be releasing an extension patch to allow
the use of the Python Imaging Library and OpenGL with Zope.  These
extensions will allow the creation of Banner Wizards like that available
at:

	http://www.mediabuilder.com/

I think that they would be a 'cool' addition to the upcoming ZPortel kit.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder