[Zope-dev] Re: ZClass "delete" and Catalog disk tuning

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:48:15 -0800

An Update to the latest CVS and a recompile fixed the KeyError "delete".
 I don't even know what it might have been.  The glory of CVS :)

>searching an index is much faster,
That is all we will be doing.

>incrimental indexing is much more efficient because
it typically only wakes up a portion of the index.
I will be setting up indexes for each findable property separately, and
in regards to MetaData, very few actual items will get returned.  Mostly
the search results will point you to the actual items to keep it
lightweight.  After all, it's only a click away :)

Oh, in regards to reads and writes to disk, mostly would you say Zope
does non-sequencial reads and writes? (ie from a lot of various places,
where disk I/O would be a primary bottleneck)

Jason Spisak
webmaster@mtear.com