[Zope-dev] RE: Catalog

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:31:50 -0400

manage_catalogObject wants a list of urls, which it then resolves itself
into objects (the object are needed by the indexes).  When it resolved
the object, it then called catalog_object to catalog the actual object
with it's unique id (which in this case is the URL).

catalog_object needs only the object and the unique id, which is how we
used it here.  It makes things simpler.  manage_catalogObject is really
meant to be just a management interface to adding objects,
catalog_object is meant to be the external hook for objects to catalog
themselves.

-Michel