[Zope-dev] ZClasses instances become detached from class

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 15:58:10 -0700

Jason Spisak wrote:

> Yes.  And it was actually a misinterpretation on my part of the
> ZClasses.  The index_html doesn't actually exists in the object instance
> when you view contents.  It exists as the View tab, or whatever you set
> it to.

Ack. I thought you meant that you wanted to view
http://www.mydomain.com/MyObjectInstance/index_html , you do not need to assign
your method to a view in order to do this.

> My mistake.  DC has got quite some powerful features in there
> and it make it so easy, you miss it sometimes. :-)
>
> Heads up though.  If you leave the Properties tabb assigned to the
> default (manage_propertiesForm) you won't be able to see them until you
> create a manage_propertiesForm.  But the property sheets you create
> become list choices that let you select them as the view that comes up
> in the Properties tab. Great stuff DC!!!!

Hmm, some more changes to the interface I guess, in my version things seem a bit
smoother. The Views created can be assigned to all methods of the ZClass,
manage_access, and propertysheets in the form of
'propertysheets/Propertysheet_Name/manage'. No need to create another method.

Michael Bernstein.