[Zope-dev] Re: Catalog

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
10 Jul 1999 03:39:15 -0400

Jason Spisak <webmaster@mtear.com> writes:

> Michel,
>
> Actually, when I had said that the external method was working, I lied.
> I thought it was.  It created the object and everything was terrific.
> But when I go to the Catalog in the Cataloged Objects file, there is
> nothing there(Not even any buttons).  Thus I'm not getting a response.
> But when I go to the Find Items in Catalog tab and click find, It
> catalogs all the objects in the db.  Now, I don't get any results with
>
> > <!--#in "Catalog({'id' : AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName})"-->
>
> I do get results when I call it by the name that I know it is like:
>
> <!--#in "Catalog(id='dave_knight')"-->
> <!--#var extension-->
> <!--#/in-->

My bad, getUserName is a method, you'll have to call it:

<!--#in "Catalog({'id' : AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()})"-->
<!--#var extension-->
<!--#/in-->

> I get what I'm looking for.
>
> Also of note if I ask for the id like:
>
> <!--#in "Catalog(id='dave_knight')"-->
> <!--#var id-->
> <!--#/in-->
>
> I get a double response, like pizza pizza. I get dave_knight
> dave_knight.  With a space in between.

You sure you don't have two objects with the id dave_knight, but in
two different folders?  Try running a find from the same folder as the
Catalog looking for objects with that id.  Or you could try:

<!--#in "Catalog({'id' : AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()})"-->

  "getpath(data_record_id_)"-->/manage_main"><!--#var
  "getpath(data_record_id_)"--><br>

This will print a link to the objects.  It's doubtful that there could
be two objects with the same uid, which from ZCatalog's perspective is
the objects URL.  If they are the same then it's a bug.

-Michel