[Zope-dev] ZClass Meta Types

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:52:24 -0800

> Jim checked in a change this morning that should fix this.
>
> -Michel

Michel,

I did a CVS update at 9 am or so PST and whe I changes the meta-type
inside the ZClass, it still doesn't change in the add list, or t he
SubObjects list. Do I need to give it another go?

Also, I was wondering if you got my last mail about the Catalog not
indexing the objects (Or adding them to the catalog at all) unless I use
the "Find Items to Catalog" tab.  I have tried the DTML route, but you
had said that would not be as efficient so (and it did work :).  I'm now
using an external method called index_object, drawn verbatim from the
mail you sent.

def index_object
    try: self.Catalog.catalog_object(self,self.url())
    except: pass

I use that external method in the add constructor of the ZClass,

<!--#with "EmployeeClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)"-->

       <!--#call "propertysheets.properties.manage_changeProperties(
                  name=REQUEST['name'],
		       wagner_name=REQUEST['wagner_name'],
		  	  extension=REQUEST['extension'],
		  	  address=REQUEST['address']
		  	  )"-->

       <!--#call index_object-->

It creates the object, but does not add it to the catalog.  Is this a bug?

All my best,

Jason Spisak
webmaster@mtear.com