[Zope-dev] maintaining a separate CVS branch

Brian Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:35:34 +0900

Hi -

I would like to be able to track the Zope sources but add my own changes
on another branch, so that improvements to the main Zope sources would
be easier for me to integrate in with my own site-specific changes - can
anyone out there who knows how to do this with CVS give me some advice?

The instructions for setting up CVS on the Zope site only show how to
track the latest version of the sources, and this sets up everything as
just a read-only mirror, as far as I understand.  Is it possible to
instead do a 'cvs import' of the Zope sources somehow and then make
changes on another branch, in some way that would allow new sources and
local changes to be automagically merged?  I've read through the CVS
docs but can't really figure this out.

Thanks in advance,
Zope on!

--Brian