[Zope-dev] win32 BTree seg - fix maybe

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:43:37 -0500

I have been having the exact problems in my setup.  Looks like you need to
go into the Setup file under lib/python and edit out all BTree, etc., build
lines.  What will happen is that Zope will instead build the BTree stuff
using the Setup in ZopeZODB3.  The only difference that I can see between
lib/python/Setup and lib/python/ZopeZODB3/Setup is in the include
parameters.  So, instead of doing:

(in lib/python/Setup, note: I commented these lines out to make things work)
BTree         ../Components/BTree/BTree.c     -I../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../Components/BTree -I./BoboPOS
IIBTree        ../Components/BTree/IIBTree.c  -I../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../Components/BTree -I./BoboPOS
IOBTree        ../Components/BTree/IOBTree.c  -I../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../Components/BTree -I./BoboPOS
OIBTree        ../Components/BTree/OIBTree.c  -I../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../Components/BTree -I./BoboPOS
intSet         ../Components/BTree/intSet.c   -I../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../Components/BTree -I./BoboPOS

You should instead be using:

(in lib/python/ZopeZODB3/Setup)
BTree   ../../Components/BTree/BTree.c   -I../../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../../Components/BTree -I../ZODB
IIBTree ../../Components/BTree/IIBTree.c -I../../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../../Components/BTree -I../ZODB
IOBTree ../../Components/BTree/IOBTree.c -I../../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../../Components/BTree -I../ZODB
OIBTree ../../Components/BTree/OIBTree.c -I../../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../../Components/BTree -I../ZODB
intSet  ../../Components/BTree/intSet.c  -I../../Components/ExtensionClass
-I../../Components/BTree -I../ZODB

I suppose that's as clear as mud (esp. considering how effective I have been
lately with the English language trying do describe technical stuff), but
hopefully it will work for you.  I guess the problem is some ZODB2 vs. ZODB3
thing, but I find it kinda interesting that we only are seeing the problem
trying to add ZClass.  Of course I don't know much about Zope, so there's
quite a bit out there that (pleasantly) surprises me.

Ciao,
John M. Miller