[Zope-dev] Re: ZCatalog

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:51:08 -0800

Michel,

I'm using the following external method because without it the Catalog
won't let an object index itself.  It's the one you sent me, but I get a
NameError when I call urllib. Is there a special import I have to do to
get access to urllib? Just
out of curiousity(mostly because I know very little python), why return
a script_name based url.

def url(self, ftype=urllib.splittype, fhost=urllib.splithost):
    """Return a SCRIPT_NAME-based url for an object."""
    if hasattr(self, 'DestinationURL') and \
       callable(self.DestinationURL):
        url='%s/%s' % (self.DestinationURL(), self.id)
    else: url=self.absolute_url()
    type, uri=ftype(url)
    host, uri=fhost(uri)
    script_name=self.REQUEST['SCRIPT_NAME']
    __traceback_info__=(`uri`, `script_name`)
    if script_name:
        uri=filter(None, string.split(uri, script_name))[0]
    uri=uri or '/'
    if uri[0]=='/': uri=uri[1:]
    return uri

All my best,