[Zope-dev] ZClass Meta Types

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:48:47 +0000 (GMT)

Here are what I think should be reproduceable steps
that illustrate the problem that I mentioned (delete a
ZClass and the Meta Type still shows up):

1) Create a new Product

2) Create a ZClass in that Product that subclasses
Object Manager

3) Create a ZClass in that ZClass. For me, after I
fill out the ZClass form and click Add, the screen
display doesn't change. But, the ZClass *is* added.

4) Select a couple of Subobject types for the Step 2
ZClass.

5) Delete that ZClass created in step 3

6) Add an object to the hierarchy of step 2's ZClass.

7) Inside that object, you should be able to add a
Step 3 ZClass, despite the fact that the class has
been deleted.

So, there's really two bits of bug-like behavior. The
unusual "Add" button behavior in step 3, and the
persistence of the Metatype for that ZClass.

I must say, though, that to me the ZClass/ZCatalog way
of doing things is the coolest thing I've seen since
Zope itself.

Kevin