[Zope-dev] BTW: CalendarTag

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:09:39 -0800

Kent,

>They are getting
> set, but the new values aren't always being retained in the object.
> They are reverting back to an earlier value with each bobo_traverse
> call except the very first one... As in I can only set the variable
> one time and have it retained. Truly strange.

Sounds like a caching effect of some kind.  I'm not that with
traversing.  It's get me caught up.  I ask, "where the heck is it
getting that from the namespace?"

Oh, BTW, I was futzing with the CalendarTag and found this.  Just a
heads up.  I love the CalendarTag, I thought you should know :).  With
the ZCatalog it makes for a powerful scheduler.

Anyway,  I test to see if the day on the calendar is the same as a the
day value of a calendar_date property.  It worked like a charm in Zope
1.10, but I get a 'tuple' object AttributError in Zope 2.  I'm not sure
if this is the DateTime module, or the CalendarTag so I sent it to the
list as well.

  <STRONG>Error Type: AttributeError</STRONG><BR>
  <STRONG>Error Value: 'tuple' object has no attribute
'dayOfYear'</STRONG><BR>
  </P>

<snip>

 File /home/mike_weltz/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line
689, in renderwob
    (Object: Catalog(recruiter=AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()))
  File /home/mike_weltz/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 315, in eval
    (Object: calendar_date.dayOfYear()==date.dayOfYear())
  File &lt;string&gt;, line 0, in ?
  File /home/mike_weltz/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 128, in careful_getattr
AttributeError: (see above)

All my best,

Jason Spisak