[Zope-dev] Introspection, managing External Methods?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:51:53 -0400

Robin wrote:
> Martijn wrote:
> >There has been some talk about creating a scripting object that could
> >contain Python code instead. This Python would then have to
> use the Zope
> >built-in
> >security mechanisms to ensure it can't do anything evil.
> This would be a
> >rather
> >marvellous thing to have, in my opinion.
>
> this would be like java's sandbox approach or safe-tcl

Just so everybody knows, it would have some obnoxious constraints, just
like these two examples.  Think of it as midway between an expr and an
External Method, erring on the side of the expr, as far as what was
available.

Gee, security, power, and simplicity go so well together. :^)

--Paul