[Zope-dev] ZClass instances detatched from ZClass

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:46:29 -0800

Zopists,

I have been checking this out and it seems to be a bug.  I checked the
collector and didn't see this.
I have instances of a ZClass.  I change the meta_type of the ZClass.
Should not the meta_type of those instances also change?  They don't.
Icons are the same way.  If I have and instance, then changes the icon
for the ZClass, the instance icon remains the same.  It's not a cache
issue.  I have restarted and flushed the browser.  It seems that things
on under the Basic tab don't affect already created instences.  This
isn't how ZClasses is designed, right?

Also, the bug  http://www.zope.org/Collector/392/view , says completed,
but even with a CVS from 7/20, the meta_types still won't change in any
add selection lists.  Anyone think I shouldn't submit this?

Warmest Zope wishes,

Jason Spisak
webmaster@mtear.com