[Zope-dev] ZClass instances detatched from ZClass

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:44:17 -0400

Jason Spisak wrote:

> Zopists,
>
> I have been checking this out and it seems to be a bug.  I checked the
> collector and didn't see this.
> I have instances of a ZClass.  I change the meta_type of the ZClass.
> Should not the meta_type of those instances also change?  They don't.
> Icons are the same way.  If I have and instance, then changes the icon
> for the ZClass, the instance icon remains the same.  It's not a cache
> issue.  I have restarted and flushed the browser.  It seems that things
> on under the Basic tab don't affect already created instences.  This
> isn't how ZClasses is designed, right?

This problem was fixed in alpha 4.  Also, to prevent instances from being
disconnected from the ZClass, the ZClass must have a class id, which you can
edit in the ZClass basic view.  Instances that were copied and pasted
(or exported and imported) before a class got an ID will be disconnected from
the class and will remain so.

> Also, the bug  http://www.zope.org/Collector/392/view , says completed,
> but even with a CVS from 7/20, the meta_types still won't change in any
> add selection lists.  Anyone think I shouldn't submit this?

I can not reproduce this.  The add list updates fine for me. Note that
you must delete the factory associated with the inner class. It is the
factory, not the class that afects the add  list.

Jim

repeats.