[Zope-dev] Questions for ZOPE gods: Acquisition, etc.

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:17:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I've been poking around in the 2.0.0a4 sources to allow subsiting (Folder
in existing Zope + Domainname == Subsite ;) ), and I've developed some
questions, that probably not many people will be able to answer:

-) Is there anywhere documentation about Acquisition? How exactly is it
   intended to be used, etc. I've been reading the source code, so I think
   I'm breaking the Acquisition chain the right way at the subsite level,
   but thinking and knowing are different words. ;)

-) I've actually done the ZPublisher subsite patch twice, and in both
   cases (dirty and the newer almost clean version), I get permission
   denied problems for my subsite folder. Now, after looking at the
   Application object and the Subfolder object, I'm getting the impression
   that a Folder cannot be the toplevel folder of a Zope database, right?

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by