[Zope-dev] ZOPE 2.0.0a4 INSTANCE_HOME/Products bug?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:27:19 -0400

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Amos Latteier wrote:
>
> > At 12:40 PM 7/22/99 +0200, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> >
> > >I've been wondering, if I'm doing something wrong:
> > >-) I've created a lib/python/Products directory in my INSTANCE_HOME.
> >
> > That should be INSTANCE_HOME/Products the instance home's doen't have a
> > lib/python directory.
> But the curious thing is, that the products in
> INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/Products seem to be loaded in the ControlPanel,
> but seem to be inactive, as they generate broken objects.

Try deleting them from the products folder (Control_Panel/Products in
Zope).  When a product gets installed, sme information is stored in the database
and this information is retained even when the products go away. What
you are seeing in Control_Panel is left over from when you tried the
products in the normal plave (SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products).

You can install Products in *either* INSTANCE_HOME/Products or
SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products. See lib/python/App/FindHomes.py.

Jim

repeats.