[Zope-dev] ZOPE hosting: Subsiting patch 0.5.

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:15:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Scott Robertson wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've uploaded a patch at http://www.mtg.co.at/projects/subhosting/, that
> > allows to host multiple websites in one ZOPE space.

> We've patched our zope similar to way that you've done here. I think it
> might have been based off one of your previous posts. A problem that we
> have is that calls to absolute-url are still wrong. This patch wouldn't
> happen to address that issue as well would it?
Not really sorry. The problem here is, that absolute_url works based on
Acquisition.

Now, with the patch, you may add a 'c' to the ZOPE_DROP_FOLDER parameter,
as this cuts the Acquisition chain. But till somebody develops a working
(security wise) Folder class replacement for Subsite Folders, this doesn't
help much, as Folder objects don't bring the infrastructure to be the root
object of a ZOPE store. :(

On the other hand, I just patched ZOPE 2.0.0a4 so that absolute_url
knows about ZOPE_DROP_FOLDER, and made it generate the right sub url.
It's available under http://www.mtg.co.at/projects/subhosting/ as version
0.6

Please test it, and tell me about all deficiencies, like absolute_url has
been.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by