[Zope-dev] ZOPE hosting: Subsiting patch 0.5.

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 01:03:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Scott Robertson wrote:

> You rock.
*blush* Thanks. It's really not that difficult. ZOPE is just about 10
times bigger than our biggest Python project linewise, and it contains a
astounishing number of clever ideas ;) So it takes some days to get a feel
for the code base :)

> Although it makes me wonder if adding some sort of api call to generate
> URL's might be in order, because I'm sure this type of problem is going to
> pop-up in third-party products as well.
Yes and no. All URL generating that doesn't rely on Acquisition should
work ok. I think, I'll try to also prune PARENTS, now that I
understand more clearly how ZOPE works inside, this would allow tree tags
as used on www.mtg.co.at <dtml-tree expr="PARENTS[-1]" ...> to work
correctly for subsites.

Additionally, there is already an API call, "absolute_url" :)

In fact, what worries me more is, if DC will consider integrating this
patch officially into ZOPE2. So please tell me what doesn't work, and I
also appreciate comments upon the coding style.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by