[Zope-dev] Zope and MS Sql Server? - MS has a free SQL 7 server implementation now

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:35:52 -0400

I thought I'd seen somewhere that the Oracle or Informix DA could be
used to talk to an MS SQL server. Is that true?

If anyone is using the MS SQL server, could you tell me how you're
talking to it?

Also, in case you don't know, you can get a free copy of "mini-sql" from
Microsoft at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/msde

This is a scaled-down SQL 7 server, limited to 5 connections and 2 gig
of data per database. However you can have multiple databases.. I was
thinking of using this with ZODB3 as a non-versioning DB plug-in for
those items that don't need to be "versioned".

Its free and redistributable under most conditions..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937