[Zope-dev] Acquisition problems with XMLDocument?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:34:36 +0200

Amos Latteier wrote:

> At 03:43 PM 7/26/99 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip my acquisition troubles which keep biting me]

> Hmm, why not <!--#var text_content-->
>
> >DTML method - viewText:
> ><!--#var standard_html_header-->
> ><!--#var "doc[0].renderText()"-->
> ><!--#var standard_html_footer-->
>
> Hmm. You are calling a DTML Method with no arguments. In general if you
> call a DTML Method explicitly you should provide a client and a mapping
> argument.

Right -- I knew vaguely about this actually, but that doesn't stop me
from butting my head into it anyway.

> Even better, don't call it explicitly, let DTML render it,
>
> <!--#with "doc[0]"-->
> <!--#var renderText-->
> <!--#/with-->

Yeah, that's easiest. I'll try that. Thanks!

[snip]
> >Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
>
> I think that you are doing something wrong.

You are right.

> Check out the advanced DTML How-To, on DTML Method calling subtleties.
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Documentation/HowTo/DTML

I'll take a look at that.

Regards,

Martijn