[Zope-dev] Strange Characters and Zope

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:01:27 +0100

I was demonstrating the implementation in Zope of my Generational
Accounting web model. The Academic saw how marvellous it was and wanted
immediately to change some of the text in the pages. It was in word so I
said 'save as html' and then we'll hack it into the database pages.
Foolish me. Word inserts many strange characters into it's version of
HTML. One of them being ’ character 0x92. This causes the page to start
flinging out save as dialogs.

Can someone enlighten me as to what characters may be safely
embedded/used in Zope DTML. We figured 0x92 fairly easily. The next
document had something else weird and I haven't yet found out what.
--
Robin Becker