[Zope-dev] CatalogAwareness?

David Kankiewicz kankie@thegrid.net
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:55:38 -0700

Working with the current CVS checkout...

CatalogAwareness.py:
I saw this file added over the last few days and tried to test the
"editCatalogerForm", more like played around with it.  Having tried a few
different zclasses subclassed CatalogAware, with no luck, I wondered if you
could explain or hint how you intend it to behave and if its working yet?
(any guess when it will be working?)

Permission mapping for ZClasses seems to be Showing the Non-Inherited
permissions and not Showing the Inherited permissions.. just letting you
know its not working..

Suggestion for editCatalogForm....
I was trying to get "editCatalogForm" to list available Catalogs (that what
be better then Typing a name of a Catalog, especially if you don't know the
name), but I'm too new to python and Zope to get it to work.  That brings
up, does each ZCatalog create a new Catalog and what would that name be??

Nice new addition of automatic "name" ZClass Permissions.  I was thinking
of that just before I did a checkout and saw it, cool...

David C. Kankiewicz

P.S. Zope is the best, my thanks go out to all who have and are working on
it...