[Zope-dev] Z Classes and contained objects

Josh Zeidner jmz_phylogenic@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 20:46:50 EDT

  Currently, I am working with ZClasses with a "contained" image object.  In
other words, I created an Image object in the "method" screen.  I also
created an "image" upload view that performs one simple function, uploads an
image.

  The problem may lie in the way I am uploading this image.  Here is the
line of code that I got from a Zope Doc :

medium_pic.manage_upload(REQUEST['new_pic'])

  The symptoms of this bug are either inconsistently broken images when
viewing the object or distorted images( the image is not retaining its
aspect ratio ).

  Also- the win32 debugger occasionally causes Zope to crash.

  Other than that - good job to all the developers!  Zope is a really cool
system,  and I plan on using it quite a bit in the future.

    - keep up the good work
       Josh Zeidner  Phylogenic Inc.