[Zope-dev] Strange Characters and Zope

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 07:17:04 +0200

At 04:06 31-7-99 , Robin Becker wrote:

> This is the test Document. ’
>
> </HTML>
>
> ok this is viewable by netscape for me via Zope so it seems Zope is
> making decisions about content type based on what it sees not what I
> tell it in the meta things.

Have you tried <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type', 'text/html')"> ?
Judging from the source, that would override Zope's content guessing game.

Of course, Word should convert the 0x92 character to an HTML entity anyway, but
hey, we spend our lives dedicated to circumventing closed source bugs (be it
Microsoft or Netscape.. I am glad they started from scratch with the Mozilla
project).

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer