[Zope-dev] CatalogAwareness?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:44:39 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
To: David Kankiewicz <kankie@thegrid.net>
Cc: Zope-Dev@zope.org <Zope-Dev@zope.org>
Date: Friday, July 30, 1999 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] CatalogAwareness?

>If a ZClass subclasses CatalogAware, and there is a 'Catalog' object in
>it's acquisition path, they the object will automaticly catalog and
>uncatalog itself when it is instanciated/deleted.

I'm setting up my own Findable base class (as discussed in previous
messages) to handle this. It appears that if you change a property that is
specified as meta data in the ZCatalog, you'll need to refresh that entry in
the Catalog, right? Does CatalogAware deal with that at all? Does it offer a
method to update the object? (Does anything happen automatically if the item
is renamed or if properties are changed?)

Kevin