[Zope-dev] Re: external product writing to a file system ?

Dr. Ross Lazarus rossl@med.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 19:52:46 +1000

It's easy to pull text/html files in to dtml methods or documents using
an external method. I do it a lot to keep the zope ODB from blowing out
- the filesystem is a good place to store bulky text and there are fine
tools for editing html on any filesystem - much better than an html
textbox !

I'll package up some external methods I use and send them to the zope
site when I get a moment.

Fully rendering dtml to an html string (same way zope does !) from an
external method still eludes me. Happy to release the zope equivalent of
wget once that's working. Anyone ?

--

Dr Ross Lazarus
Associate Professor and Sub-Dean for Information Technology