[Zope-dev] Question to acquisition

Thomas Riedl triedl@linuxland.de
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:05:13 +0200

Hi again;

after some source code studies I found out that I can return filled-out
DTML from my python code by calling the returned Doc.Temp.:

	template=DocumentTemplate.HTMLFile("""<!--#var myvarname-->
					      <!--#var some_name-->""",
					globals())

	... do something, determine value for myvarname

	return template(globals(),
			myvarname=determined_result,
			some_name='hello')

But as soon as I want to use inherited attributes (like e.g.
standard_html_header), I get a keyword error from out of DT_String.py.

I saw that I can specify as well a mapping as a client when calling
the template, but I do not know what to specify for each to get what
I want:

/ standard_html_header 		<----- This Me Wants !!
  Products /
	MyProd /
		MyInstance /
			some_python_code   <--- Therein I want to call:
						template(what? , what?,
							globals(),
							myvarname=3)
Any clues?