[Zope-dev] Q/ regarding 'Broken Product'

Thomas Riedl triedl@linuxland.de
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 16:14:49 +0200

>> Ah, I like turn around THAT short.
>> You guys at DigiCool are simply great!
That's still true!

>> sometimes a carefully left out (;-) paren will do, as long as the error
>> occurs in Zope's startup phase.
>
>Ah.  The fact that Zope lets you add items to a Python product
>(as apposed to a through-the-web product) is a bug. I'll add this to
>the bugs list.
>
>When a Python-based product changes state from broken to OK or
>OK to broken, the Zope product object gets recreated.
>
>Add your instances to a folder in the main tree or in a
>through-the-web product.

Strike! That did the job.

>>  >
>> >What version of Zope are you using?  I thought 1.10.2 got this right.
>>
>> It is 1.10.2, running on a Linux RedHat-5.2 box, python-1.5.1, using
>> Zope's own HTTP server (like "python serve.py").
>
>Hm.  Waaaa. I know this is fixed in the current code.

I know how that feels; sometimes my fixes do the same ;-}

>may be to modify (create) a version.txt in the product folder.
What's this for?

>Also note that, even through the product shows up as broken,
>you may still have a functioning product. Do your product items
>show up in the add list?

Yes, I've noticed that almost as the second thing; otherwise I would
have complained several days ago...

>See above.  Don't poke instances into the product folder (of a Python
>written product.)

Lessons learned! Tnx again! This should really help me talking my
monetary supplier into a 'For God's sake, shut up and make it free!'
point of view ;-)

--
MfG: Thomas Riedl
triedl@linuxland.de, (+49 89) 99 34 12 - 11,        http://www.linuxland.de