[Zope-dev] Zope does dynamic, Linux kernel does static pages?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:39:53 +0000

To take these musings a step further.  I can imagine a mechanism
by which:

  - Certain objects could inform ZServer of object IDs of the objects that
    constitute thier "source" data,

  - Zserver registers with the database to be notified when objects
    change (by object ID),

This could allow ZServer to do some clever caching even for
some relatively dynamic objects.

(Note that figuring out what the "source" objects for an
 object are could be pretty tricky.  While some objects, like
 Images, Files, and most DTMLDocuments are their own source,
 other objects, like DTMLMethods might depend on thousands
 of objects.)

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.