[Zope-dev] The object hierarchy

Michael Collins Michael_Collins@amchoor.ndim.edrc.cmu.edu
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:59:01 -0400

I've been fiddling with zope for about a week now, and I'm just trying to
figure out this little hole in the object hierarchy so that I can get relly
working on my project.  I'm not entirely sure what vocabulary to use yet, so
please bear with me.

I'm trying to navigate around the object hieararchy, and I can find a single
object's subobjects by using hasattr and so on, but what if I want to navigate
to a different position in the hieararchy?  As far as I can tell, objects
don't have a pointer to their parent, so I've got a couple of options - find
the root (which is preferable), or stuff an arbitrary root into a global
variable for later use.  Ideally, I'd like the former course.