[Zope-dev] virtual zope hosting

ngarcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:32:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sebastian,

I'm not exactly sure how you're doing things, but I can show you how we
have ours set up:

Each virtual server gets their own VirtualHost entry in httpd.conf (of
course).

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/site1/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</VirtualHost>

What this (should) do is whenever someone accesses 127.0.0.1, it serves up
the index_html that is in the /site1/ directory in the Zope hierarchy.

I think this is what you need, but it introduces another small problem,
which I'm going to bring up in my next post.

Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com