[Zope-dev] Name Spaces

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

We're working on a product (Can't tell you what it is or does yet, you'll
see when we're done) that is going to provide several methods that you
will call inside of your DTML.

The really simple thing for us to do would be to require you to call the
methods and pass it arguments. Like this:

***WARNING: INTENSE HANDWAVING AHEAD***

<!--#with "TopSecretProduct.function(arg1='val1', arg2='val2')"-->
<!--#comment-->
Work with the results
<!--#/comment-->

<!--#if someresults-->
You're so lucky!
<!--#else-->
Sorry, those are not the results you wanted.
<!--#/if-->
<!--#/with-->

Now the above example is fine, _but_ I thought that it might be more
convinant to have the function do namespace lookups similar to the way
that DTML works. In other words If I did not pass arg1 in the function
would check for it in the DTML namespace, and maybe REUEST.

So, how could I do this without having to pass _ and REQUEST into the
function? Or would it be better to make that a requiremnet?

hmmm, Now that I've written this out I have some ideas....

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -