[Zope-dev] Re: bug in Confera

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 10:30:19 +0100

At 06:31 09/03/99 , Service Informatique CHSR wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I believe there is a bug in Confera: it sets a cookie that is
>>hardcoded to last until 31-Dec-99.
>>According to the spec, a cookie that is meant to last forever
>>have to last until (currentdate+one year).
>>Attached is a patch that adress that issue.
>>
>>CurrentDate+OneYear is computed with:
>>
>>e=(self.ZopeTime()+365).rfc822()
>>
>>However, as stated some time ago, this poses problem on computers
>>where the timezone is odd (mine, for example. I had to patch DateTime.py)
>>So, If the above expression raise an exception, I end up in using
>>e='31-Dec-99 23:59:59 GMT'

The same bug occurs in Zope as well. I had it on my TODO list to report it
=). Thanx for the patch.

BTW, emailing the default email message on 1.10.2 is also broken, and this
is my personal fault. I supplied DC with a patch to MailHost to make it
fully SMTP server compliant, and went a bit to far with making ALL messages
Quoted-Printable. As the Confera email message is a multipart message,
email programs will not decode it proerly. When I have time later this
week, I'll supply everyone with a new version of MailHost where quoting is
optional.

Anyone want to take up supporting Confera? I am thinking of doing so, but
will have to wait and see what role Zope is going to play within our
organisation. I'll have more on this next wednesday or thursday.

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer