[Zope-dev] Vairable Query of TinyTables

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
10 Mar 1999 20:43:40 GMT

Jason Spisak wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck inserting a variable into the "query" string
> TinyTables.  A thousand thanks to Ty Sarna for the Product by the way!

You're welcome! Glad others are finding it useful. Stay tuned for thr
read/write capale version...

In article <4.1.19990310100907.00bd7100@lisp.atmm.nl>,
Martijn Pieters  <mj@antraciet.nl> wrote:
> TinyTables act like dictionary objects I think, and are keyed on strings.

This form of query acts like a dictionary lookup, yes (always returns
either 0 or 1 rows). It's keyed on whatever type the first column is.
So, if the first column is a string, you need to lookup with a string,
or you won't get a match.

> AUTHENTICATED_USER is not a string, but an object, so you'll have to
> convert it. Try calling AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName() instead.

That should do it.