[Zope-dev] notes on running a zope in readonly mode.

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:44:25 +1100

Ok, so I've started playing with running zope in readonly mode.

(background: I want to run multiple zopes in parallel, with only
one with read-write access to the database. This gives a sort of
brutal concurrency, since the changing data is all off in an
SQL database (well, ok, in 3 different databases, but let's not
get into that)).

There's the ZOPE_READ_ONLY environment flag which seems to do the
trick - but it _appears_ that the zope application that is then
created will not pick up changes to the bobobase without being
kicked in the head and restarted.

just in case anyone else was wondering...

more when I have the loadbalancing working.