[Zope-dev] BoboPOS component

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:35:27 -0600

Hi all.

I'm about to begin an application migration from Bobo
to Zope, using the Zope components.  For do-it-yourselfers
like me, there's no way I'm gonna download Zope and have a
content manager running in 15 minutes ;-)  More relevant,
actually, is that production apps tend to migrate at
glacial speeds.

I've noticed on the components page that ZPublisher and
ZTemplates are available, but no BoboPOS.  I can slice
BoboPOS out of the normal Zope source distribution, but
was curious if there was a reason not to release it as
a component.

Even more trivially:  What is the new 'Z' nomenclature
for the persistent store?  ZPOS? ZBase? ZPersist?

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.