[Zope-dev] dev and cvs

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:15:24 -0500

> I hope this is the right place to ask this :^)

The 'digicool-cvs' list would probably be better (because i follow it
more carefully), but i haven't properly advertised it yet, so this one
is ok.

> I got and compiled cvs, it works fine. I made a quick shell script for
it,
> now I just type "getzope" and it goes after the latest version. No
problem,
> tested it Friday night.

Cool!  This is what i was aiming for, and i would go to some effort to
rectify whatever doesn't cooperate.  So far i haven't found anything...

> As a newcomer to cvs I got a silly question, do I built zope in the
same
> directory that the cvs uses?  or do I need to copy it over to a temp
> directory for playing, deconstructing, etc.

You shouldn't need to build elsewhere.  You will notice some "?" entries
cluttering up cvs updates until i set up the proper cvsignore entries,
but they're harmless...

Ken