[Zope-dev] IE5/IE4 and Zope 1.11.0pr11 issues SUMMARY

Robert O'Connor Robert O'Connor" <bob@rocnet.com
Fri, 7 May 1999 11:58:17 -0400

Hi Amos,  The following was submitted to the Collector as Bug #160
as you requested. Quote:

Title: Zope Bug: IE5 /Manage waiting/incomplete page 1.11.0p1

Under both Linux and Win32 Zope versions, IE4/IE5 have a problem
completely opening the management pages. The browser continues
to "wait" (Hour Glass) for something that's never delivered.
NOT a problem for NS4.5.

When the Tools-Internet Options-Adv Tab changed to
uncheck HTTP 1.1 settings, Now /manage frame
completely loads but browser continues to wait and
eventually times out.  This "waiting" even occurs with root zope page.
Can be stopped with STOP button.  Tested with "Default" IE5 settings.

***Summary of other comments from zope-dev thread titled:
"Re: [Zope-dev] IE5/IE4 and Zope 1.11.0pr11 issues on WIN32"

..it is related to the new send_response method of ZopeHTTPServer.
IE seems to be picky about the HTTP/1.1 implementation. If you
switch of HTTP/1.1 in IE 5.0, things run more smoothly,
though there are still problems with connections that IE waits
on. I think the root of the problem has to searched along those lines...

...IE4 and 5 seems to have trouble getting the management icons
from ZopeHTTPServer. The page download never completes...

...Same with me here (IE4 on an NT4SP3 box locally).
However, it works after replacing ZopeHTTPServer.py with the
old 1.10.2īs one...

...I upgraded to ZServer, set use_chunked=0 and it's better,
but the icon for "control panel" still won't download correctly.
In fact, I get just the top part of the folder, say about 4 pixels...
[This may be a separate problem]

-Bob OConnor bob@rocnet.com