[Zope-dev] Using with and REQUEST

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 09:01:08 -0400

Zopesters,

I am trying to render a document by it's id, which is in the REQUEST
namespace as 'file'.  I am opviously iliterate, so I'll let the code
speak:

<!--#with TopFolder-->
<!--#with subfolder-->
<!--#var "_.getitem(['file'],1)"-->
<!--#/with-->
<!--#/with-->

Should this not render the item whose id it stored in the 'file'
variable? It works if 'file' is a property of the document I am calling
this code from, but not if it is in the REQUEST namespace. The with's
are there because it is in a different hirearchy.

My end goal here is to let people attatch a file to an email, only after
selecting the the person who it will be to.  That lets Zope determine a
list of "legal" attatchments, and creataes a select list.  The value is
the 'id' of the attatched file.  Then I am asking it to render it inside
the #sendmail tag so that it comes accros as plain text rather than
MIME.

Any ideas?

--
Jason Spisak