[Zope-dev] The Zope CGI executable, rewriting URLs on IIS

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Thu, 27 May 1999 09:30:12 -0500

[Brian Lloyd discusses win32 pcgi ...]
> Over time, I expect PCGI to obsolete this system, but there just
> haven't been enough resources to work on this lately :( While I'm
> pretty sure PCGI actually works now on win32, there is some work
> to do rolling it into the installation, documentation, etc.

A caveat:  PCGI on win32 is experimental and uses TCP/IP
sockets (Unix version uses AF_UNIX IPC).  A further refinement
to the win32 version would probably use named pipes and
require Mark Hammond's win32 extensions.

Kudos to Amos for getting PCGI working with IIS.  My preference
is to use Apache/Win32 when using NT as a server, which is
hardly ever.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.