[Zope-dev] The Zope CGI executable, rewriting URLs on IIS

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Thu, 27 May 1999 10:19:34 -0500

alex@mop.no wrote:

> I'd like to have the code, thanks. It seems that your statement clashes
> with what Jeff Bauer says: Jeff says sockets, you say named pipes. Named
> pipes are possibly more efficient on Win32, and perhaps I could do a
> version 2 that does this. Right now I'm just interested in getting it to
> work. :-)

Sorry for any confusion, but Brian's statement is correct.  Zope/win32
uses named pipes.  It does not use PCGI.  I've modified PCGI to run
under win32 using TCP/IP sockets.  This experimental code is included
with Zope distributions which includes the pcgi-wrapper.exe binary.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.