[Zope-dev] Strings as input to the in tag: inconsistent

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:32:47 -0400

Thilo Mezger wrote:

> hi!
>
> i've posted this problem on the zope-list a couple of days ago with no
> reply

I saw a reply. Hm.

> so i'm trying zope-dev now:
>
> i'm using this code to output A B C ... Z:
>
> <!--#in "_.string.uppercase"-->
> <!--#var sequence-item-->
> <!--#/in-->
>
> this works fine in my Zope-1.10.2/Linux installation but Zope-1.10.2/Win95
> generates this error message:
>
> Error type:  InError
> Error value: Strings are not allowed as input to the in tag.

This is exactly the same error I get on Linux.
You should always get this error.  Maybe you are getting a cached page.

> can someone explain this inconsistency?

No. I can't even believe it. ;) I certainly can't repoduce it.
The in tag is not willing to iterate over a string and _.string.uppercase
is a string.

> why are strings allowed on linux
> but not on win95?

They aren't.