[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Can not search the chinese word in ZCtalog using TextIndex

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:57:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Sheng Lan wrote:

k> >Reply-To: "Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net>
> >To: "Sheng Lan" <lansea@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: [Zope] Can not search the chinese word in ZCtalog using
> >TextIndex
> >Date: Mon, 01 Nov 99 07:35:49 -0500
> >
> >I don't think Zope supports double-byte chinese text.

> >7-bits.  However, I do _not_ know if this change would allow
> >chinese text or if they have more work to do to handle double
> >byte text.

If you don't have a large set of objects you can always do a brute force
search using string.find. I have used it succesfully on a chinese
Squishdot site, and searches are not that slow. You can check it out at:

http://www.yifannet.com:8080/News/

Pavlos